Frequently Asked Questions


Product Specific





Where should I email my artwork and purchase order to?

Please email all artwork and purchase orders to

What information is required on my purchase order?

We will send you a link our order form via email.

What payment methods do you accept?

We accept Visa, MasterCard and cheques. We do not accept American express.

Do you sell less than minimum of a posted quantity?

Many products are available with a less than minimum extra charge. "Less than minimum cannot be less than half of the first column quantity" for less than minimum add $60(g).

Please note - not all products are available for less than minimum. Please check our catalogue or website for details.

Will I be mailed an invoice?

We are a "green" company and as such, all invoices are emailed and NOT mailed.

Back to Top

Product Specific

How many pieces of paper will an 11 mil magnet hold?

11 mil magnets are not designed to hold paper up. 11 mill magnets are a biodegradable, low cost, lightweight magnet alternative to our 20 and 30 mil magnets.

What types of seed are in the seed paper products?

We currently produce a herb paper, with a mix of herb seeds in it. This mix includes the following seeds: Parsley, chives, and basil Our wildflower seed paper includes a hardy and diverse mix of annual and perennial wildflower seeds: Five Spot, Candytuft, Baby Blue Eyes, Wallflower, Flax, Zinnia, Pinks, Poppy, Snapdragon, Tall Spurred, 'Northern Lights', Catchfly, Daisy (English), Daisy (Glorios), Black-Eyed Susan

What are your restrictions on sticky note pads?

  1. No bleeds allowed
  2. No reverse print on adhesive area
  3. Reverse print on non-adhesive area is not to exceed 1/2" height
  4. 8pt. minimum type size allowed in reverse area
  5. 6pt. minimum type size allowed in positive area

Back to Top


What imprint methods are used to produce Jay-Line products?

  1. Offset sheet fed printing
  2. Web roll fed printing
  3. Digital sheet fed printing
  4. Digital wide format direct imaging on many substrates
  5. Pad printing
  6. Silk Screen printing
  7. Hot stamping, Debossing and Embossing
  8. Die cutting and digital die cutting up to 4' x 8'
  9. Sheet and Roll Label printing

What is standard turnaround time?

For quantities shown in the catalogues or our web site we require 7-10 working days from artwork proof approval. For larger quantities please check with you customer service representative and discuss your requirements.

Do you accept rush orders?

It is always best to call your customer service representative and discuss your requirements. Jay-Line will always do our best to accommodate rush services, however if we are particularly busy in a department we may require a RUSH SERVICE fee to cover overtime expenses to produce your order.

How long does it take to process blank unimprinted items?

We request that unimprinted items be given two to three business days to process. All unimprinted items require a waiver to be signed. All sales are final.

What about over and under runs?

Whenever possible we try to produce exact quantities. This is not always possible and for that reason all orders are subject to a 5% over or under run.

Back to Top


What formats can you accept artwork in?

Can Jay-Line do some typesetting?

We do typeset. Depending on the amount to be typeset, there is a fee associated. Please contact us for details.

What is bleed and type safety?

Bleed is term that refers the part of the artwork that goes beyond the edge of the printed sheet. Often times paper is trimmed after printing to ensure the ink runs fully to the edge and does not stop short of it.

Furthermore, text that does not bleed must be placed within a specified distance from the trimmed edge of the page. This is most commonly referred as the "type safety" area. Text placed within this margin may cause any variation in printing to appear different then what was originally intended. In addition, text too close to the edge of the page may be compromised. Type safety areas vary depending on the product.

Please click here to view an example of bleed and type safety in action on our business card magnet.

How do I convert fonts to curves or outlines and what does this mean?

Designs, such as logos and advertisements, frequently include text. Most vector-editing programs, such as Corel Draw and Adobe Illustrator, provide a way to convert fonts into editable vectors, called curves or outlines. You must convert fonts to curves on your artwork before sending it to us.

  1. Ensure you have the desired font installed on your system.
  2. Select the text that you want to convert. Click on the selection tool and select the desired text. Make sure you use the selection tool rather than the text-editing tool to select the text.
  3. Convert text to curves or outlines.
    • In Corel Draw, select "Arrange>Convert to Curves."
    • Adobe Illustrator calls curves outline. Select "Type>Create Outlines."
  4. Edit the font. Once the text is converted to curves or outlines, you can manipulate the font as a vector object.

What do you mean my artwork is low resolution?

See artwork requirements for full details. We require all images to be 300 d.p.i. Images that are less than 300 d.p.i. will reproduce very "pixillated" and broken up or "fuzzy".

Images taken from websites cannot be used for printing. Although they will look good on your computer monitor (your monitor is only capable of displaying 72 d.p.i.), this is not good enough for printing.

Can I have a Pantone colour match?

Pantone colours are a universal colour system used in the printing industry. Many of our products are available to be printed with spot Pantone colours. You should always check our catalogue or web site for details, we always indicate if Pantone colours are available. Sometimes only certain Pantone colours are stocked on particular products. Additional Pantone colour may be available at an extra charge.

Many of our products are printed on Digital Printing equipment in which case Pantone colour are converted to 4 colour process (CMYK) equivalents. Most colours convert well however some colours: oranges, some blues, lime greens, bright colours, very light colours and greys will not always convert well. Metallic and fluorescent colours cannot be converted. Pantone colour match is not available on most digital printed products. Please check the catalogue or web site to see if Pantone colours are available on a particular product. Please note on Digital printed products that have Pantone colour matches available there is an additional charge of $72(g) per colour, and yes if you require black and another Pantone colour to be printed - black is considered a colour.

It is always best to refer to a Pantone Solid to Process colour imaging guide to check your colour conversions. Pantone Solid to Process imaging guides are available through the PPPC at Member reduced prices.

What if I want to make changes to my artwork?

Fax or email the changes required. A new proof will need to be sent. A fee of $15.00 applies to each additional proof required.

Why do certain colours not print well on Pad Printed items?

Pad print inks are not very opaque, therefore when printing a colour like red on a black item some of the black will show through the red ink and the red will look "muddy" in colour. Coloured inks are best used on white pad printed items. We recommend printing white or black on coloured items. Silver or Gold metallic inks also work will, however there is an extra ink charge of $28(g).

What do you mean my details may fill in?

Sometimes artwork is provided at a much larger size than we require and may look fine at that size. When the artwork is reduced to the size that it will print on a product many of the fine details will fill in at the smaller size and will not be able to be reproduced with a particular imprint method.

Also artwork that is used for digital or offset printing is not always suitable for pad printing or silkscreen printing. Some of our products like our Gripper Jar openers have a very textured surface and cannot be printed with very fine detail or small type styles. Jay-Line will always advise you if we have concerns about your artwork.

Back to Top


How do you ship to the USA?

When shipping to the USA, we use UPS. In addition to your regular shipping costs, there are brokerage fees that are applicable when shipping into the States. These fees are payable by the receiver of the shipment:

Order Amount Brokerage Fee
Up to $200 No charge
$201.00 – $1250.00 $25.00 U.S. plus 2%
$1251- $2,000 $36.00 U.S. plus 2%
Over $2000 Add $1.50 per $1000 U.S. to above plus 2%

Or we can send the order Free Domicile. In this case, all duties, taxes and brokerage fees will be billed to us, your supplier. In turn, you will receive a second invoice from us, apart from your initial product and shipping invoice, for said duties, taxes and brokerage fees. Please be aware that this secondary invoice may take up to several months before it is processed, as we have to wait to receive the information and charges from Customs.

Are my orders insured when they are shipped?

All orders to the USA are shipped fully insured. Orders shipped within Canada are insured at the request of our client. If you wish to have your order insured please indicate so on the sales order confirmation.

What is required to ship a large order on a skid?

In order to ship an order on a skid, a loading dock with a forklift is required. If the skid has to lowered, tailgate charges apply. If the skid has to be broken down in any way extra labour is needed, prior arrangements must be made and extra charges will apply. Please note that we do not ship to conference centres.

Back to Top